A couple of weeks ago we took the kiddos camping for 3 nights. I was scared. And I had to order stuff from Amazon, and make runs to target and walmart to get everything we needed. I saw this quote once, “camping, where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person”, and there’s some truth to that. That being said we still have nothing compared to our neighbor campers, we definitely need a tent shelter for our food, some adorable enamel dishes, camping stove oh and a large SUV to fit all this shit. Oh and did I mention I took a day to grocery shop and prep meals prior to going? But I’m just complaining/rambling because all in all it was a really really good trip. In fact Jonas asks me every night if we can go camping again. First off, he’s 2 how in the world is he old enough to say full sentences much less remember things???? So I have a feeling this camping thing is probably sticking around here and really that’s okay. There was a time when we were putting the kids down for a nap and it was SO hot in our tent and then a storm came rolling in and this amazing breeze flew into the tent and it was magical.
Things I don’t want to forget about this trip:
- Jonas calling himself ‘Jonas fish’ when he was swimming, which he wanted to do all the time
- The kids being rockstars when we head to put up and put down the tents by just being kids outdoors, playing imagination with sticks, pinecones, chasing birds and just getting dirty.
- Jonas wanting to hug all of the bears (boo boo, yogi and cindy, not the real ones, we thankfully didn’t see real ones) at the camping resort
- Nola having a special stick that she played with the entire time we were there and we ended up taking it home with us because we are suckers
- Surviving 3 nights of people putting off fireworks
- Surviving in a tent in a major thunderstorm
- Nola being brave and standing under the bucket every time it pours water in the splash pad
- The time we got ice cream cones and then were reminded why we always get ice cream in dishes
- Watching the old school yogi cartoons outdoors
Here’s a video I compiled of all the footage I had while we were there. It’s long, so sorry about that, but my kiddos love these!