Happy Friday everyone!! The weather is getting colder here and I’ve been pretty strong and optimistic about braving this weather, but for the record I miss San Francisco weather so much! Living there has probably ruined me forever.
Here’s a couple of things I’ve been loving or up to these days:
– The upside to this cold weather is plaids and flannel. In fact the whole family is sporting flannel these days and we love it!
– I finally joined a Mom’s Group in our area and excited to start weekly playdates again! We also enrolled Nola into a dance class. She loves being around kids so much and want to give her as much fun as we can before baby #2 gets here and the cold winter.
– I don’t sleep well at night these days and so in the wee hours I have written down our list of Christmas presents we need to get. I’d love to be finished by the end of this month. Have you started yet or done with yours already?
– Busy painting a cabinet for our living room, need a love seat reupholstered, have to hang more stuff on the walls, curtains in the playroom and going to attempt to make a headboard for Nola’s big bead is on the list of what I want to accomplish before this baby comes. Hope I can get it all done!!
– Speaking of Nola’s bed, she now crawls out of her crib regularly now. I didn’t want to transition her into a bed until after the baby came but I don’t want her hurting herself one of these days when she’s crawling out. Have I mentioned she’s quite the acrobat and has amazing upper arm strength!! We bribed her with fruit snacks to show us how she climbs out, it’s quite the balancing/hanging like a monkey act.
And not to bombard you with more Halloween photos but I wanted to post a couple more from our trip to the zoo awhile back. Madison had a lot of Halloween events going on and the weekend before Halloween we took Nola to the Henry Vilas Zoo’s halloween event. Honestly it’s nice to have a couple of events to go to because then you feel you are actually getting use out of your costume!
You kind of envision how these events are going to go and how this day went down is not what I had thought at all. Don’t get me wrong, Nola had an awesome time, but it didn’t involve really seeing the animals this time, or being dressed up, or the candy (which I’m so glad) but rather it involved finding, following and if possible touching every Elsa character from Frozen. At first I was kind of annoyed by this, but then realized let’s just go with it. In fact we made it a game for ourselves on finding them as well so we could use them to direct her to where we wanted to go. “Oh look Nola there’s an Elsa on the carousel, or look Nola there’s an Elsa at the petting zoo.” We can play this game too!
She loved the Elsa’s so much I kind of felt bad we just didn’t have that be that for her costume for this year. But she still had fun being a care bear on Halloween so it all worked out. I also may have caved and gotten her an Elsa costume anyways for dress-up…
Just a side note, but why does all the little girls love Elsa so much? We saw a couple of Anna’s but nothing in comparison to the Elsa’s. Personally I love Anna’s character so much better, she’s funny, loving and sacrificing, I’m just saying. Sorry I just had felt I had to put that out there.
Here are some photos of the day if you care to see:
Pretty much our day, following an Elsa!
and if you live in WI you know these are the sausage mascots for the Milwaukee Brewers. Nola kept on asking what are those?!?…honestly it was hard explaining to a toddler. But yes Nola WI people like their beer and sausages.
Hope you all have a great weekend and doing something fun!!