Guys I am happy to leave 2016 behind and start fresh with the New Year. Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond thankful for this past year and all that we were able to do, but on a personal and health level I feel a little disappointed with how things may have turned out. Like maybe I could have done more, accomplished more… And so I’m hopeful I can do that this year.
Highlights from this year:
– Going to France (here are the posts from paris (posts here, here, here, here & here and I didn’t even do the countryside portion of it!!!)
– Being able to build and move into our new home (post here)
– Meeting new wonderful neighbor friends
– Nola adjusting to school and us parents getting used to her being in school 5 days a week! (post here)
– So much about my kids, my heart. How they have grown and continue to be my favorite people in all the land
– CJ and I starting to go on a few more dates. It wasn’t a ton, but more than before!!
– And really it’s all those everyday moments that really count, our dance sessions at night, during the summer our nightly walks, cuddling with my kids before they fall asleep, when CJ makes me laugh.
All in all it’s been a good…nevermind it’s really been a great year. With building the house I feel we were so busy and exhausted with all that entails emotionally, physically and financially we didn’t do as much as we normally do, but honestly I’m ok with that, I mean it’s pretty nice to have our home. But 2017 I’m looking at you and ready for ya!! Thanks 2016 for all the great memories!
Here are some goals I want to try doing this upcoming year:
– Working out & eating healthy…this isn’t something that is a suggestion, I want to be here for my kiddos and I want to feel better than I have been
– Finish or actually start decorating the house. Since moving in this summer everything is unpacked and kind of found a place, but nothing is really styled.
– Maybe blog more? Maybe not, we’ll see…
– More adventures with the family. Last year Nola was begging to go camping and fishing and we never did. I want to be more spontaneous and do as many big and small adventures as we can.