Things I Don’t Want To Forget
Sometimes things just work out where our weekend ends up being just the amount of everything: activities, friends, sleep, etc. We had a good one guys! And it wasn’t like we did anything grand or elaborate, which in some ways made it that much better. Because the memories you make during the regular schedule really can make the biggest lasting impression, to me anyways.
Lots is going on lately, but I just want to take a second a write down things I want to put in the internet vault:
– We got Nola a bike, it’s an early birthday present. We thought why wait till mid July when she’s been dying for a new one and then she can use it for most of the summer. Guys, she is doing sooooo good with the thing! She rode to the ‘far park’ from our house and rocked it! So proud and can’t believe I have a kid who can ride a bike with training wheels. It mine was well be a car as far as I’m concerned.
– I was manning Jonas while CJ was teaching Nola the ropes of riding a bike and in the midst of it all Nola asked CJ how his day ways. It was so cute!! It was right in the middle of her being nervous breaking and out of the blue she asked this, we were both laughing in an enduring way. We are trying to teach her to inquire other’s about their day and just being interested in other people in general and guys it melts my heart because in the midst of being a typical 3 year old she has a compassionate heart. Once she asked CJ, ‘dad why you not smiling? what’s wrong?’ She’s intuitive to people’s feelings and I can only imagine and so thankful on how she will encourage and love others when she is older.
– Nola bikes pretty slow, but she wants CJ to run along next to her, which pretty much means he needs to run in place. I died laughing, he’s a good dad guys!
– Jonas is at such a fun age and continues to make my ovaries explode because he’s so freakin adorable!! He walks and laughs with such a stagger, swinging his arm with such intention and doing this run where he probably walks faster because he does these little small steps. I die.
– We are at the point, I knew this day was coming, where Jonas loves wrestling Nola and can take her down. If they aren’t upset at each other about a toy, they really are the sweetest to each other. The daily kisses and hugs I really can’t get enough of.
– Yesterday our kids took a late nap due to running around for the first half of the day. Whenever this happens we know our kids will go to bed late. And when I say late, this means later than their normal late summer bedtime. Like 9:30…we have a 1 year old, that’s probably parent fail right there, I know. But the great thing was we took them to the park like we normally do and CJ and I were having fun too. Let me explain myself, sometimes doing the same thing over and over again can get old for us parents, but we do them because the kids like it and it’s good for them. But last night the weather was perfect, we were swinging, I don’t know, we didn’t feel like we had to dig deep to stay at the park for awhile. I guess what I’m trying to say was sometimes our kids make us feel like kids and those moments are pretty awesome.
We met friends at the Terrace on Saturday and it ended up being a really good night. Love our friends! And love Madison from spring to fall, haha!