I have already enjoyed looking back at some of my posts and it’s so interesting seeing what I was up to or what I thought at the time. So Friday Ramblings are to my future self and of course to my friends who want to hear my nonsense thoughts as of late.
– Have you guys seen the cotton candy grapes they have in the grocery store lately? Weirdly they really do taste like cotton candy! Please do yourself a favor and get them. And if you have a baby put them in a Food Feeder and you will delightfully have not only a cute baby, but one that smells like cotton candy. And i promise you will want to kiss them 100x more than the norm that day.
– I have been intrigued by this whole capsule wardrobe concept which is not by any means a new thing, in fact it’s kind of old news, but its something new for me to want to try. Right now I’m just trying to get a handful of items that are timeless and will work with my current status of stay at home mom – comfy but trying not to look like I am wearing my pajamas…you hear me? I like the idea of having anything I grab work together and purging more. Also on this topic I challenged myself to not buy any clothes for myself or the kids for a month and I did it!!
– Going from my last thought to the complete opposite direction I now have this desire to get all new sheets and towels. And I want linen everything. These sheets, bath towels and beach towels.
– This has been Nola’s second week of school and I am DYING to know in every detail how she’s doing. Don’t worry teacher friends, I’m trying to be cool and not that annoying parent. To be a fly on a wall though.
– My neighbor mom friends and I have been talking about surviving the winter, because midwest stay at home moms do this thing now already, and I’m thinking about creating a space in the basement as a playroom. We already have a playroom, but I’m thinking of doing the one in the basement focused more on physical activities, like a basketball hoop, tent, pool of balls, slide, swing, clearly all I want to do is create a playground in our basement, now how to create a sun…
– I started reading Jen Hatmaker’s book For the Love, which so far has been really great. That girl, I desperately would love to be her friend.
– I got my haircut last night! Took off 6 inches and my ombre is no longer.
– As of late we have been hearing a lot of tragic news from friends and family. I’m so sorry for all of you struggling at this time and I am praying. Also on this note, live life hard and live life kind because it truly is so short.
one of the few times jonas looked little to me and that made me happy
*** I have been trying to type this post with one space after the period because apparently a double space is no longer, but it is driving me INSANE. It’s hard to teach this old lady new tricks like that