I need to just start out by saying Jonas has been my dream baby boy. For not thinking I even wanted a boy, goodness he is so much joy and proves that foolish thought was absolutely ridiculous everyday. Sure glad God knows what we need more than we do ourselves!
So here’s some things Jonas has been doing lately that I don’t want to forget:
– He LOVES trucks. It’s silly we didn’t push this on him, but yet he is all boy! He will make his food, rocks, anything he finds become a truck, he can be very resourceful.
– He takes one nap during the day, but having a new house being built right behind us is kind of messing with that lately.
– Jonas still thinks Nola is the bees knees, which she is. He wants to do everything she does, has, he loves her and really looks up to her!
– Following his daddy and sister he is becoming quite the sweet tooth lover. For instance he can pound one of those mini cupcakes in a minute. We monitor this of course, but this family if they could would eat sweets all day.
– Because of me being away from him in the evenings recently we decided to wean him and he’s doing really well so far, it’s only been day 3, but during the day he has become super clingy and not the happy Jonas I know. It makes me sad, but I think it’s just been a hard adjustment. I wasn’t too happy to be forced to wean not on my own terms, but I think this is best for now. Will this be the last time I ever breastfeed a baby!!! Crying over here!!!
– When he needs me or can’t find me he yells, “mom, mom, mom, mom” in his cute little voice and I kind of die. Only I do have discussions with him that since he’s only 20 months he can still call me ‘mommy’.
– We do netflix and the show that Jonas loves is Barney. Jonas calls it ‘Barbee’ it’s kind of the cutest and then I call it that and I’m pretty sure he will never know how to say it right. I know Barney got a bad rap, but I LOVE barney. They sing and dance and teach. Whatever dude, we are proud Barney fans over here.
– Now all the halloween stuff is out at the stores and Jonas is terrified of all of that (which you kind of don’t mind b/c then he snuggles you) but it’s gotten to the point where yesterday he was even scared to go by the nice bears in walgreens. Bless that sweet boys heart.
– I kind of love my alone time with Jonas while Nola is in school. Being a second kid and all he definitely deserves the undivided attention and I love giving it to him.
– Jonas is starting to be able to communicate so much more and that’s so much fun when we know he gets it. He loves reading books just as much as he likes knocking them off the book shelves these days.
– Guys 20 months is kind of the best and we are so in love with our little dude. Jonas I can’t imagine not knowing you and so thankful for you little guy!!
got this while he was napping holding one of nola’s baby’s bottles. normally he’s holding a truck